Friday, December 3, 2010

Winter Storm

One reason I dislike winter: Driving in the snow.

Today I got off work at 3:15pm, it was snowing already, roads weren't too bad though. Met Laura at Olive Garden for an early dinner date. :) Left the restaurant at 5ish pm. It took me a little over an hour to get home when it usually takes me a half hour. Ugh. Supposed to get 4 to 8" of snow tonight. I swear just in the hour we were in the restaurant an a little over an inch had accumulated on the car, crazy. Roads were terrible driving home too. Just glad that I got home, put on some comfy pants, cuddle with my pups and Josh. :)

Well at least the snow will look pretty tomorrow when I wake up.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, the roads were super horrible when I got off of work. It started snowing at two and I didn't get out of there until almost five :( The drive home sucked monkey balls! I also did my fair share of skidding around on stops and turns. Of course they don't plow the dirt roads and there were no tire tracks at all with a few drifts starting. I'm so glad I don't work tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that sucks. At least we got home safe!!
    I agree I'm happy I have today (Saturday) off as well. Then hopefully the roads will be back to "normal".

    ReplyDelete