Sunday, December 12, 2010

Another Snow Storm

Crazyness. These snowstorm this winter are just crazy. I believe this is the third. This one for sure was the craziest. 17"+. Wow. It was also my brother's 23rd birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!!)

Basically the storm started Friday night at like 10pm and then continued throughout the whole day Saturday. I was scheduled to work on Saturday 8:45-3:15. Ugh. Well I got up at 7am and Josh shoveled the driveway (he had to work too) then we left an hour early to trudge through the snow. The nice thing was that my dad still had my car, since he was fixing the brakes, so I had his SUV type car. A lot easier to drive through the snow when you have 4 wheel drive if you need it. But I made it into work in about an hour and 1/4. I did however had to stop twice in that drive to fix the windshield wipers because they kept icing up. :( At one point I was stopped first in line at a red light and I couldn't see out of my windshield at all. I jumped out of the car and started "cleaning" the wipers. The light of course turned green while I was doing that and cars had to go around me. Oops. Well as long as I didn't get hit I was fine. But after all that I did make it to work. So many people had called in. It was ridiculous that they were open in the first place because there were hardly any customers all day. And they're crazy. Why would you venture out in that if you didn't need to... especially just for a dvd or two. Seriously people came in and just bought that. Really.

After work I was ready to drive the crappy roads over to my parents house because they live a lot closer than where I live from my work. Well first I had to dig myself out of all the snow that got plowed around my car plus the wipers were basically frozen, so that was a pain. Then as I'm trying to get ready to leave I test out the wipers and they start getting off sync and cross each other and ugh. So basically I think I had 3 different guys that tried to help me with my wipers. In the end one of them, who apparently is a mechanic, told me that the wiper motor is loose (or something weird like that) so basically I shouldn't drive it without the wipers. Ugh. I had been working on this for two hours and I was still "stuck" at my work. How freakin frustrating. In the end my aunt and uncle picked me up in their truck and brought me to my parents. So all in all I'm happy that at least everyone was safe and home... but it was pretty frustrating. On top of it, Josh drove home after he worked, which he had to shovel himself out too and crazy stuff like that. But the gist of it was that I couldn't be snowed in with my hunnie. Boo. I'm just happy I was with some people like my family. 

Since it was Matt's bday we had dinner, cake, played several games, and had many laughs. It ended up being a very good night.

This morning took me, my dad, and mom a good half an hour to an hour to shovel the cars out of the driveway. Ha. It'll sure be a storm we'll always remember.

Plus because of this storm the metrodome roof actually collapsed in. No football there today or for a while I'm sure. Super crazy. That's what 17"+ will do I guess.

It sure will be a white Christmas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment