This weekend I had soo much fun!! First off the weather was perfect, hovering around 70 degrees all weekend and today too. Ugh soo beautiful out.
Saturday me and Josh got to attend his aunt's 70th birthday party...plus it was a family booya. I guess a booya is a type of soup/chili sorta and every year Josh's dad's side make this soup and then its a pot luck. Aunt Sharon's 70th just happen to fall close to the get together this year. In attending like I said it was a pot luck...so I had to come up with something to make. They gave us salad. I found a recipe on allrecipes that was called "The not so twisted pasta salad" and gave it a whirl. Basically it was pasta noodles, brocolli, cherry tomatoes, red and orange peppers, some pepporoni and then a homemade vinegarette. I was nervous that it wouldn't be good but everyone liked it. They said it was refreshing. Ha. Here's a pic of some leftovers of it.
Sunday me and Josh met up with his mom Jodi and his nephew Mason and neice Liberty (Libby). We all headed to an apple orchard. It was a blast, but it seemed we were literally running around chasing the two kids a lot. Ha. Mason is 2 and pretty sure Libby is almost 2. They're soo cute. Crazy how fast kids grow up. :(
| Mason and Libby holding hands with Uncle and Grandma walking to the Orchard! :) |
| Mason and Libby helping Uncle Josh wheel the pumpkins. On the way back they both rode inside the wheel barrel. It was adorable. |
| Mason and Uncle. |
| During the hay ride Mason sat in between me and Josh. He put one hand on Josh and one hand on me. So cute. |
| Mason liked to hold Uncle's hand. :) Most of the time that he was holding it, he really was only holidng his pinky finger. |
| Grandma Jodi with Libby. She's a wild child, runs everywhere and is a very brave little girl. |
| Cut outs. Josh on left, Libby in the middle, me on the right and Mason wanting to be in on it. |
| They had a large chair that Josh and myself look tiny on. :P |
| Grandma and the kids on the HUGE chair. |
For Monday night dinner I made some crockpot Chicken Tortillia Soup (thanks Michelle for your recipe). Mmmmmm! It was delicious.
1 lb. chicken breast
1- 10oz can enchilada sauce
1- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
2 cloves garlic minced (or put in some garlic powder)
2- 14.5 oz can chicken broth
1 can black beans - rinsed and drained
1- 4 oz can green chiles
1 medium onion
1 can of spanish rice
1- 10 oz package frozen corn
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
That's been my last few days. Now starting tomorrow I work 9 days in a row. Yuck.
Ooo thanks for the recipe! I bet Phil will really like it!
ReplyDelete