This weekend went way way way too fast. Ugh. It sucks, I really don't want to have to go back to work tomorrow. I hate when you look so forward to a weekend and then it flies by, like they always do. Now it's Sunday nightish and all I have to look forward to is friday again. Ha, sad. But it was a very good weekend.
I had Friday off this week, took some vacation time. So I cleaned and got ready for some arrivals most all day. Michelle and Jared got here around 6pm. It was a good night. We made tacos, watched a little tv, chatted, went to the liquor store, then started playing games and had a some drinks. It was soo fun. We haven't played some of the games in such a long time, it was fun to dust them off and play. Played uno spin, taboo, and cranium. So so fun!
Saturday we lazied in the morning by watching tv and the boys playing video games and such. At 2pm we all headed to Josh's Uncle/Aunts house for his cousins baby shower. It was a casual guy/girl one, it was fun. Jared and Michelle accompanied us and that made it even more fun. They had some funny games. Baby food game where we had to taste the baby food and guessed what flavor it was. I got 4 out of 6. Not to shabby. There was a clothespin game; where each of us had one clothespin and if we said "baby, boy, Jessica, or Dave" then if someone caught you they'd take your clothespin. Whoever had the most won a prize. That was funny cause you would totally forget about the words and then your clothespin would be gone, but then you'd catch someone else. The funniest game was just for the guys. They had a baby bottle filled with beer or pop then all at the same time they had to see who could drink it the fastest, without cheating of course. Ha seeing them all suck beer out of bottles was funny. Jared and Josh both didn't win... o well it was pretty hysterical. Headed home just in time to pick up and get ready for a bonfire. We invited like 16 people to come over to have a bonfire at our house. I'd say a good probably 12 people came. It surprisingly didn't rain all day so we got lucky and actually got to have a fire. It was funny though because Sarah and Laura ran out of wine by 9pm so we had to walk to the liquor store and that was a funny adventure. First place was closed but the second one was at least open ... so we could continue our drinking times. Finished the fire out some, played a few drinking games before we headed to the little town bars. First bar there was karaoke so it was funny to listen, plus Jimmy P and Ali actually went and sang so that was cool. End of the night me, Michelle, Ali, Jared, and Jimmy P got a little dance in before it was bar close and we had to go home. We were up until about 4am until we all realized we were pooped and needed to go to sleep. For ALL the people being there it wasn't as rowdy or crazy as it could have been, taking in account everyone was drinking. So all in all it was a good night!! (I didn't take any pictures so I'll have to wait to post some until they surface from Laura and Sarah.)
Then came today, Sunday. I actually woke up at 9:30am surprisingly after going to bed at 4 am. Cleaned up all the beer cans and glasses and stuff. Then had another lazy morning (which was really nice). Just had the tv on and chatted with Sarah, Michelle, Jared, and Josh. Then we met Meghan, Brian and Anders at Mongolian Barbecue! First, OMG Anders is adorable and such a good baby. Second, OMG the food was delicious. Third, I wish all of us could hang out more together. We literally were at the Chinese place from 1-3:30. Ha. It wasn't because we were eating that long it was because we all haven't hung out in forever that we just talked and talked. Plus we all had to pass Anders around to hold the cutie! Then Jared and Michelle had to make the trek home so we're all by our lonesome tonight to watch the Vikes beat the Packers!! Come on Vikes!!
Man seeing so many babies really has me in a baby mood. Ah, the craziness. Ugh I hate not having any control in certain things. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. I have to wait for him and I'm a planner so it's really hard for me to just wait and wait and have no clue when things will happen, if ever. Hmm. O well, trying to wait patiently... and yes the key word is trying. :P
Well moral of the story... I'm glad I have such good friends! :) It was a really good weekend and I look forward to many weekends and fun times ahead!!
No comments:
Post a Comment