Ugh ok. So everyone knows I've been looking for a new job for a while now. I have gotten a few calls back but most were for places that were actually way too far away for me to drive. I hate driving a half hour right now so to me it's not worth it. Or i'd have the interview and then I wouldn't get the job (I obviously suck. :P)
Anyways... that's not the dilemma. I got a call for an interview at a furniture store in Woodbury. Great sound good, huh? Well in so many ways yes. I mean there are some good pros:
* don't have to drive through stupid Stillwater anymore
* only takes a half hour to work
* get out of Best Buy
* would get paid a little more base plus I get paid comission on top (guaranteed $2000 a month)
* would be getting more hours (currently I only get 32 hours where they said i'd get 43-44)
Now the reason that I'm having the dilemma... the cons:
* a commissioned job (worries me because if I don't sell good enough then it sucks)
* I have to work every single weekend (only one weekend off a month)
So it would seem that the pros would out way the cons but to me having to work every weekend really bothers me. I mean that's really the only real time I get with Josh. So if I always work I'd barely see him. :( So is more money, worth that??
Ugh I don't know what to do.
Honestly it sucks because I don't want to be in sales anymore... but really that's the only job history I have is in sales. I don't know how to get out of that and out of retail. I never thought I'd hear myself say it but I just want a 9-5 job M-F. I never knew how hard it would be to find something like that. And even if I have to work a night or two here or there that'd be fine but seriously I don't want to work weekends. :( I'll just have to talk it over with Josh and see what he thinks and I'd like you peoples opinions if you'd like to give them. :)
I guess that only you can make that decision. It's still a sales job like what you have now except it's commission & sounds like it pays more. I guess you'll have to decide between more $ or your weekends & time with Josh.
ReplyDeleteI think the pros outweigh the cons. You and Josh plan on being together forever so you will have plenty of time with him and how knows with the next decent offer will come to get out of Best Buy. If anything, this will look like more of a professional job on your resume and be more likely to get hired somewhere better in the future.
ReplyDeleteThat's a tough one! Yes it would suck to work weekends BUT that's when the store will be at its busiest so you will make more money on the weekends. Plus, since it is a furniture store, I'm assuming that it isn't open really late. I know how much you hate best buy so is it worth it? You will have to be the one to make that decision. But if you do take the job then maybe I'll come buy furniture from you! As long as it is not from some "expensive" place! When Phil and I get the house we will be needing a few things...
ReplyDelete