Back from Chicago camping trip.
It's crazy how fast time goes cause that trip just whizzed by so fast. Now we're back to real life.
I had a very good time camping ... just had a little bump in the road the second night. On Thursday the 15th we left at about 6am from Max and Jessie's to drive to Illinois. Josh, me, and Sarah were in Josh's vehicle and Sarah was sorta stuffed in the back. (Picture of us in the car). 
We got to the campsite around 12:30-1ish. It was extremely hot and steamy but we put up our tents right away. Then we ate and then headed to the beach. The water of Lake Michigan was extremely cold but it felt refreshing when you were sweating to death. Then ended the night with a bonfire and some drinks.
Friday consisted mostly of beach, cards, bags, and bonfire. Plus many many mosquito bites. But Friday night was when the crazyness started. When we were playing cards in the dark we saw a racoon run across by our tents and everyone was joking about it and thought no big deal. I was the only one who was a little scared of it. Well at about 3am I woke up to hear rustling in the corner of our tent. I grabbed the flashlight and when I turned it on I saw a racoon head in the corner of my tent. OMG! Yes I freaked out. It didn't even run away at first. It had cut a hole in our tent and then opened our plastic container of food, which it got away with some food. So I definetly didn't sleep very good the rest of the night, even though I slept in the car the rest of the night. 
Picture of our tent after we duct taped the racoon's destruction.
Saturday we headed into Chicago with everyone. It again was a super hot and steamy day. The streets were packed because it was Saturday plus there was a lot going on. Ex. They were filming the Transformers 3 movie right where we were walking. Me and Brad were outside when there was an explosion for the movie and then a helicopter swept down really fast. It was sorta funny cause everyone had their phones out recording it and stuff. Not me...I'm too slow. In Chicago we walked a lot, shopped, went to Millenium Park, ate some pi
zza, and went to the Navy Pier. Over all it was a good day... just exhausting.
Picture of me and Josh in Chicago! :)
Sunday was supposed to be a rainy day but it ended up being very nice. It turned into another beach day. We actually there for several hours...which in turn made me decently burnt. We played some ladder golf with some drinks and had us a good time. For dinner we ordered Dominos. Their new pizza is actually pretty good. Ended the night with another bonfire with smores this time. Then cards.
Monday was our leaving day. Packed up the tent and the cars and headed out. We ended up getting home around 6pm or so. The puppies were very happy to see us! I was happy to see them too! :)
Just sad I didn't take more pictures... but at least it seems Jessie and Sarah took a lot. I'll just have to steal some. ;)
So now that this fun vacation is over and probably won't have another one until next summer I have to savor it.
No comments:
Post a Comment