Thursday, June 23, 2011

Unexpected Morning

So last night I was excited to find out that Josh didn't work until 11am today, then we can have a little morning together (which we never get during the week). Anyways to this morning...

I woke up a few times throughout the night, normal. One time (maybe around 4ish am) I woke up and saw Sasha wide awake sitting staring at us laying there in bed. I thought it was weird but went back to sleep. When Josh got up and went to take a shower in the morning I thought I would try to catch a few more zzz's until he was out of the shower. Sasha kept walking around and jingling her collar around. I kept saying "Sasha lay down". I was crabby cause of course I wanted a  little more sleep. Then out of no where it smelt like a skunk had died in the room. No joke. I thought 'wow what a bad toot of Sasha's' then I thought 'there's no way she pooped in our room, right?' Well just in case I got up to look. Low and behold there were 3 spots that she pooped in there. And not just any normal poop but diarrhea poop. O lordy. (Ok and Sasha has not pooped in the house since she was a little puppy, so this was very strange. Plus I felt horrible for trying to get more sleep and yelling at her to be quiet when all she wanted to do was go outside to relieve herself.)

Anyways she ran to the door to go outside and by the time I got there she had peed all over the floor by the door. What the heck?! I let her outside and she went poop again. Jeez. Anyways I cleaned up all of the raunchy nasty poop and pee, just in time to let her in. Well I knew she had diarrhea'd so as she walked in I checked her butt (sorry tmi, I know) and it was a little bloody. :( Eww. Let her back outside and she persisted to yet again diarrhea. This time when she came in she had more blood. Poor puppy. She was all sulky and sad looking. (I mean obviously, her butt hole probably hurt so bad). Anyways Josh called the vet to see if they thought we should bring her in. They said yes.

We went to the vet and she got evaluated. We were lucky that they squeezed us in right away in the morning. Josh just told work that he'd be late. So she didn't have a fever and she never threw up so they didn't think that it was anything that she ate. So they tested her stool sample and told us that she had a bacteria deficiency. Apparently dogs are supposed to have two types of bacteria prevalent in their bodies and both those bacterias are supposed to be fairly equal. Well when they tested Sasha's she barely had any traces of one of the bacterias. She also had a third type of bacteria in her system that takes over the lower traces of bacteria and basically demolishes them. So that's why apparently she had diarrhea so bad. So basically she has to go on an antibiotic for the next week or so. One pill a day, twice a day. Plus there's some stuff we have to sprinkle on her food once a day that will restore the one type of bacteria that she's really low on. Weird huh??

So that's been our morning. Now I have to rush and get ready for work to close tonight. Glad no one's coming over for a while because our house smells like dead skunk. Ha. We need to deep clean our carpet BAD. I'm just glad that she didn't get into something she wasn't supposed to and get sick. She's a good puppy!! Hopefully she gets better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment