Saturday, November 13, 2010

Some new things.

Yesterday and today I have acquired a few new things.

Yesterday I was feeling spontaneous and decided hey wouldn't it be fun to dye my hair. Well maybe I should start from the kinda beginning of the story. I did an all over dye to my hair maybe a few months ago now and went apparently two shades darker than my natural. Well you'd think by the time my hair had grown out to a noticeable length my hair maybe would have faded some and would make it not too noticeable. Well my roots were really bad noticeable. I had guys at work commenting on my roots to me. That's sad. Ha. So my fam was having a game night last night and I asked my sister if she wanted to get highlights with me. So we ran over to target found a reasonable dye for highlights and preceded to dye our hair. Her hair is a light dirty blonde and she chose really blonde highlights. Her hair turned out really good, I thought. My natural hair color is sorta a dark dirty blond to a light brownish bland color. So I went with caramel highlights, especially because my hair was a darker brown dyed. Well let's just say that my hair turned out a little funky. My mom was doing my strands and she did way too much in the back and then there perfect size in the front so pretty much I look stupid. Plus instead of a carmel color mixed in with my dark brown I have some dark brown left but mostly blonde and reddish/orange streaks. Ugh. I included a pic.


But the pic doesn't make my hair look as bad as it really is in person. Hmm. Too bad I don't have any money to change it. That's why I box dyed it in the first place. I really wasn't expecting my hair to lighten as much as it did or be so orangey. :(

Anyways... on to the rest of my new thingers.

Today I woke up to this:

Crazy amount of snow. Just the other day it was almost 70 degrees out and now we have like 6" of snow. O gotta love WI/MN. We were spoiled this fall with really nice and mild weather... and o how I'll miss you. Can't wait for April/May already. :P

Then also today I got my new boots in the mail. :) I ordered them last week and I'm so excited that they arrived. I have no idea when I'm gonna wear them but they're soo cute. And a bargain at only $35... for boots.

Anyways I love the style and such but I wanted to try something different and got them in gray. For some reason I just wanted gray... kinda weird. But now I don't know if I made a wrong choice on color. Its just all my other heels are brown or black. Josh doesn't like the gray. :( O well... I still like them.

Anyways that's all. Nothing spectacular or anything. But I'm glad I have the WHOLE weekend off. :) Whoo.

2 comments:

  1. I love the boots!! I've been looking for a pair like that. Very cute and I like the grey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found them on overstock.com they have super cute things plus they're pretty good prices.

    ReplyDelete