Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pop...Soda...Whatever You Call It

I have been trying to quit drinking pop cold turkey, as you would say. I used to enjoy a pop once a day usually with dinner or as my dessert. But I have come to realize that pop is not good for you and so I'm trying to stop drinking it.
Last Thursday had been the day that I stopped drinking it, until today. I had one today with lunch and man o man it tastes so dang good. I know I can stop drinking it day to day but every once in a while it should be good to savor one, right? Ha.
Usually I've been trying to drink tea or hot chocolate instead to curb my cravings for it; and of course trying to drink more water. I know that these alternatives could add more calories then my usual diet/zero calorie pop but I know this is not a reason to keep drinking it.
Anyone have a certain reason they quit drinking pop? Or a reason you say screw it, and do drink it.

4 comments:

  1. I quit drinking it back in middle school but then started it back up when I started my current job for the caffeine to get me through the day. I quit it again because It made me gain weight. Now I mix those little energy/caffeine packets into my water for a boost at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quit drinking soda because it made me feel bloated and even the diet is not good for you. I think it might have been harder to quit due to the fact that it was a habit of mine to drink a soda with lunch. Habits are hard to break! But you can do it! I have one from time to time but I no longer feel the need for one very often. ~JK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always just had it for a treat now and again. Those bubbles always feel so nice :) I agree though, very bad for you. I try to get Max to not drink so much soda/Monster. I am not doing very well convincing him though. Nothing in soda is good for you, might as well skip it. Treat it like ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!1 All very valid points. I will try and stick to my guns and quit...even though Josh will be drinking the pop right next to me. :( If only I could get him to quit too... it'll be just like you Jessie with Max.

    ReplyDelete