Satruday was a busy busy day. First I worked 7 to 3; then went from there to a birthday party for Josh's 3 neices. From there we went to a get together for Josh's dad's side of the family (Booya), which we thought we'd stay all night. It ended up clearing out early so then we headed over to my parents house to hit up our family game night!!
Everyone was there... mom, dad, bro, sis and her boyfriend, other sis and her family. I hadn't seen some of them since our wedding, which is sad, so I was super excited to be having a family night.
My sister, Rosey, came up to me part way through the night and said that when she told Ava, my 4 year old niece, that me and Josh weren't gonna be coming tonight she was sad. She told me a little coversation they then had. Ava heard we weren't gonna come to game night so she said, "Well they're having a baby, right?" My sister was caught off guard and so she said, "Why would you think that?" All confident with herself she stated, "Well married people have babies and they're married now." :) Soo cute!
Later that night Ava was drawing/writing on a white dry erase board from one of the games we were playing. "Look Auntie Lynsie I drew you and me. See..."She said as she showed me her picture. I said, "Is this one me?" I pointed to the larger face on her little white board. Then she giggled and said, "It kinda looks like a whale, huh?" So I said, "So what you're saying is I look like a whale?" She has a huge smile on her face, giggles and says, "Yes!" Haha. Well then... kids tell the truth I guess. So watch out... for Lynsie the whale.
Kids are just so freakin' darling!
No comments:
Post a Comment