'The beast' is no longer mine. For those who don't know ... 'the beast' was my 1996 Mercury Sable. It no longer is in my posession. I now have a "new" 2003 Jeep Liberty.
Call me crazy but I'm actually sad that 'the beast' is gone. I know that in the last year or two (ok ... maybe three) years my car had gradually taken a beating and started turning into a major "ghetto" car. But I have been driving that car since I was a senior in highschool. I shouldn't admit this ... but that was 8 years ago. That's almost a decade with 'the beast'. She was a good car. She never had any major major problems while I had her. Just some new tires, new windshield wipers... those types. Alright alright I'll admit there were also other things that happened to that car too... but she was a good car... never let me down. I'll miss ... the broken right side mirror, the no air conditioning, the leaky sun roof, the crappy gas mileage, that the lights stayed on for the first five minutes almost everytime I drove the car, the broken left rear tail light that was taped up, o and the taped up right side mirror, the "sticky" handles that if you weren't careful the door would swing open when you were driving, no cruise control cause it went out, and of course all the memories with her. Yes, like I said... maybe I'm crazy I miss her. But I'm weird and emotional like that. Ha. Lame, I know. But at least I know she's not gonna be just trashed. We're either going to sell her to a lucky buyer or my brother might take her for a bit. Well... it was nice while it lasted. Thanks 'beast'. :)
I got the Jeep Liberty title transfered into my name on Tuesday but just got "him" today. I think he feels like a him. I'm calling him ... 'the Sherm'. Named after my uncle Sherman, who was soo particular in telling my mom, "You better make her read the manual" "Did she read the manual yet?" Haha. O uncle. Idk for now that'll be his name. It might change though, not too sure yet. Gotta get the feel for him, ya know. I do miss 'the beast' but I am excited that 'sherm' is here now too. One bonus, he has a nice trunk ... even fit our new lawn mower, a leaf blower, and a new tree in the back. :) I'm just hoping he holds up and lasts us several several years with little problems. Only time will tell I guess.
Yay! Aren't "new" cars fun? We decided we're keeping the Saturn (we have two cars now! *Gasp*), but I think I would really miss it if we got rid of it. Never mind the window that will go down but not up, the tires that constantly leak air, the check engine light that is on half the time and you don't know if it's real or not, and the ABS that will randomly kick in and make you lurch at stoplights. :) Isn't it crazy how we get attached to stuff like that?
ReplyDelete