Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Venue Frustrations

Since training my schedule has been all messed up. During training it was Monday thru Friday 8am-4pm. Easy and what a nice schedule. Now I'm all over the place. I had last weekend off then I worked Monday then I had yesterday and now today off then I work Thursday thru Saturday, Sunday and Monday off, work Tuesday and Wednesday, off Thursday and Friday, work Saturday. How weird. I guess I'm still not used to just working a part time job. I have either 3 to 4 days off a week. I mean its nice, don't get me wrong, but I know that I can't afford to pay all my bills with working only 25 hrs a week. Ugh what am I gonna do?!

So since I had yesterday off and today off I've been trying to dwindle down our list of venues for our wedding. We still would like to have our wedding in August, so we have to get going fast. August is only 6 months and about 2 weeks away. Ah!! That's soo scary just for the fact that we have practically nothing done!! :( We have our bridesmaids/groomsmen picked, our colors picked, and our photographer picked; but that's all. The last few weeks we've gone to four potential venues. There were some that were great but then turned out to be too expensive and the rest were just eh. I don't want to have to settle but we also don't have all the money in the world, so we just might have to. Kinda bummed about that. But yesterday I sat down and counted out how much our potential 9 venues would cost in total. 3 were ruled out because they were too expensive, 2 were ruled out because either the space would be too small or it was just too drab. So we're left with 4 potential venues. One I still haven't gotten a hold of yet for exact pricing so that one might be ruled out too, when we hear the pricing.

Tonight we're going to visit two of the potential 4 places, that we haven't seen yet. One is also a catering hall, so even if we don't use their banquet space it's a high probability that we'd use them as our caterer. The other place is their own banquet hall and also have to use their caterer. So I'm excited!! I'm just soo ready to have picked a place, which in turn means we can pick an exact date. Then I'll feel a lot more comfortable in our planning process. I'm just scared to pick a place and then something better pops up, and we can't switch obviously. I just want to make the right decision. Ugh if only we were rich then these worries wouldn't matter. :P The place would be picked already. Ha.

It's sort of funny where our top 4 actually are located. We started out just thinking we'd have the wedding in Stillwater but now all four places are somewhere different. :P We have a golf course in Stillwater, a hotel/banquet hall in Hudson, a catering/banquet hall in N. St. Paul, and a golf course in Somerset.

If anyone can give me ideas or has heard of good/bad things of places, let me know please. :) Pretty sure though that tonight me and Josh will basically decide where the reception for our wedding will take place. Yah.  

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm excited for you guys to pick a place and date! It sure takes a lot of stress off your shoulders once you have the ceremony/reception sites booked!

    ReplyDelete