Thursday, November 12, 2009

Yah for sitting on the couch

Well... guess where I'm sitting? No not in the 2nd bedroom with the desktop computer. I am actually sitting in the living room. :) I'm on Joshs laptop. :) My laptop I believe is completely dead. But I don't think I've been on a laptop since college. That means its been over 2 years. Crazyness. I love using a laptop! It's soo convenient and soo much more comfortable. If Josh is playing a video game or watching tv I can now be on the internet. Yah!!!! Maybe this means more blogs. :)

Work has been very stressful recently. I think the people I work with are fun to be around and stuff but the job itself is boring and annoying. The managers are also kinda rude and its annoying that they ridicule everything you do and don't acknowledge when you do something good. I know I said that I was gonna start looking for a new job ... but its hard. It brings back all the times that I looked for jobs when I was unemployed. It seems really hard to find a good job. I just feel that its not worth it to be unhappy, when somewhere out there there is a job that I'd be happy with. Idk. Some day hopefully I'll find it.

Talking about work and jobs and such reminds me of something one fellow appliance employee is trying to convince me to do. He is maybe around 40ish or so and has owned his owned his own businesses at one point. Sold those businesses and now is just working at my work "for fun". Anyways so when he heard that I had a degree in Interior Design he asked me why I hadn't thought of starting my own business in it. I of course was like "are you kidding?!? If it was that easy to start my own business you don't think I would already have done it?" Well he thinks its crazy that I haven't tried to start something myself. He says that I should buy CAD (since I know how to use it, from school) and go out and find people that I could design for. Start off with giving the client a free design ... and then if they decide to go with my design then they'd pay me x amount of dollars to exicute that design. He thinks that in doing this that I'd pay off my CAD program (which is abour $2000 apparently... I'm not really sure ... I have to look it up) in 2 or 3 jobs. Then obvioiusly as I get more jobs then I'd just be making pure money. Ugh it seems too good to be true. But him trying to convince me of this for about an hour makes me want to do it. Makes me feel the once passion I had for Interior Design. Its just hard to believe that I'm 24 years old and working at a dead end retail job. It is very depressing. Did I really waste all that money for college on nothing? I just hope not.

Well on a happier note I am excited for the holidays. Thanksgiving is coming soon. I am excited for it. :) I love all the food and all the family. Then soon after will be Christmas and then right after will be the New Year. Man how time flies. 2009 is almost over... crazy. Nothing very great came of this year... but o well I guess. I'm just happy that everyone is safe and healthy right now and that overall was a good year. Hopefully 2010 will bring many great moments. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think that starting your own business would be a good idea. However, it would also be scary! You could try it on the side to see how it goes and keep working full time at Best Buy (or wherever) and if it ends up being a full time job then you can finally say goodbye to retail! Oh how nice would that be! And I would like more blogs from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries Loin, i'm a bit freaked out about starting a business also but it's what we have to do! even if we did it part time at least we are using our degrees for something and we enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete