I am soooo happy that I got my work schedule changed for Sunday. I was supposed to work the morning shift: 9:45-5:45 and then of course I would miss the Vikings game cause its on at 12. I was soo bummed because I rarely have worked weekends anymore, plus then I have to miss a Vikings game.
For those who don't know... the Vikings Rock!!! :)
I love them not just cause they're Minnesotas football team but because football seems to bring everyone together (in so many ways) and its just o so fun to watch!
When I was younger I never really understood football and how it worked but I always loved Sunday when the game would come on and me and my dad would sit in front of the tv and watch the Vikings (aka Vikes). My dad used to love the game of football... he played fantasy football and back in the day when there was no fancy computers or anything he would use the newspaper. He would have all the stats from weeks before and have a notebook with all "his" players on it. Like I said I was young so I never understood any of this but I still thought it was cool. I loved watching the game and seeing my dad get soo excited when "our team" was doing good and then all the bad words that he said when "we" were doing bad. Really looking back, I loved these simple moments. Still now years later I still love the game. I even before have had my own fantasy football league and didn't do too bad.
Theres no feeling when you're watching a sports game. You pretty much are sitting on the edge of your seat the whole time. When your team does good you jump up and high five whoever may be sitting by you and everyone is in a good mood. Then of course if your team does bad and you lose... it can change your mood the whole rest of the day. Watching sports games you stare at the screen and you find yourself yelling at the tv. I understand that the players and coaches can not hear you but you always have to put your two cents in. "Come on Defense." "Why'd you throw that pass idiot" "Keep your hands on the ball" "That was such a stupid play" "Whoooooooo TOUCHDOWN, good job team!"
Watching the Vikings usually means good food and good people. Some times I'll watch it with my family, Josh's family, friends who enjoy football and of course always my bf Joshua. Each time theres always good food, or at least I try to have good food. Nachos, pizza, chips, pop, mini wieners, dips... delicacies like those. Haha. Obviously not all these at once. I realize they're all terrible for you but a game wouldn't be the same without one of those foods.
Its been fun over the years learning a lot of the terms and how you actually play football. Learning players names and such and rooting for your favorite players. Adrian Peterson is amazingly good... one of the best ever we'll say. Almost everyone knows who our quarter back is now this year... Brett Favre. I'm not really sure how I feel about him yet. I've grown up hating him because he was on the Packers (and we all know the packers suck :P) but now he's our quarterback. So strange. I guess I'm liking him because he is helping us win. Our defense always seemed to be pretty good and strong but our offense always seemed to falter. Well now we have the offense to back up our defense. Yah!!
Ooo how I love Sundays and watching the Vikings.
GO VIKINGS!
No comments:
Post a Comment