Just another day sitting at home. Nothing fun and exciting to report. It's been a week since I last wrote and nothing has barely happened this whole time. Pretty sad.
The only thing that I did this week was on Saturday night going to a bachelor/bachelorette party thing for Brian and Megan. They're getting married in a month; i'm excited for their wedding. It's hard going to a get together when its in a little town like Baldwin. Everyone at the bar seemed to know each other and I was the weird person out. I always have felt that pretty much the whole time I have dated Josh. It seems when you grow up in a little town everyone knows everyone and pretty much everyone marries someone in that same little town. Every couple that came to their party was married. I try and not care that I don't know anyone but its really hard. Everyone looks at you because you're someone different but don't bother to ask you who you are or anything. I of course got over it and eventually didn't care... I at least knew Josh, Brian, and Megan.
I just hope that the weather gets warmer soon. I know that will bring my spirits up. Its always nice to get outside and go for a walk, go rollerblading, biking, or just sitting outside in general. I love summer. I'm excited I got my bike from my parents; so I'm hoping to take a ride as often as I can. I love walking Sasha and Sadie too. Me and Josh went on Sunday for a long walk. Sasha loves to be outside and ignores Sadie the whole time... she just wants to run. Then there's Sadie who tries to keep up with Sasha the whole time; she just runs and runs until she gets tired. We had her on a crappy leash too so she couldn't go too far. But they're just so cute.
Something else I've been thinking about is how fast we all grow up. Its just crazy to think that I am almost 24. I remember thinking how old I thought those people were before and now I look at 16-18 year olds and think how stupid and young they are. Crazy how your perceptions change. I used to just want to find a boyfriend in highschool to now when I can't wait to get married. Josh is an uncle twice now too. Both his sister and his brother both have babies now. I'm sure he thinks thats crazy; having your younger sister have a child. Its sorta crazy thinking that I want to have my own child in a few years. Sometimes I don't feel that old but then in some ways I feel like I have to get going. I don't want to be 30 and finally starting to have kids. But I can't get married and have kids on my own... there's someone else involved. So I just have to wait.
I don't know ... just thinking that life goes so fast so there's no time to be sad or mopey. Live life and do what makes you feel good. What makes you happy. Easier said then done though; that's the hard thing.
I obviously have too much time on my hands to just sit here and think. It sucks.
poor lynsie... i know how you feel though. i can't believe we are the age we are. i always used to think people our age were so old but here we are. i think everyone feels the need to both get going, and live life as a youngun.
ReplyDeleteOh I hear you loud and clear Lynsie! I'm just sitting here waiting and waiting for Phil to ask me to marry him. I don't want to be that girl that has to ask him! It's not fair! So I sit here and wait patiently just like you..... I also wanted to start having kids by the time I was 26. That's coming up faster than I expected and I have a feeling that might not happen the way I want it to. :( Oh well, you get what you get right?
ReplyDelete