So I know that it has been a while since i've wrote and I apologize. Things in life have just seemed to take a hold of me and I never found time to write. There would be days where I'm sitting there thinking "O man I just want to blog about this" but either I was at work (can't do it there) or Joshs stupid computer won't let me log in (I don't know why but its stupid) or I became too lazy.
Anyways I've decided to blog today because I am so mad at work. Probably dumb but I'm mad. They ruined my whole day so far... and its Christmas Eve. Ugh.
There currently is 5+ inches of NEW snow on the ground here. So when I woke up at 5am to get ready for work I did as normal... got ready. When I went to leave for work I realized there was no way I was gonna get out of the driveway let alone get to work... at least definetly not on time. I gave myself an hour to get to work. Anyways to me it wasn't worth it to stress over driving through the non plowed Somerset streets and hopefully staying on the road to get to a stupid job where I'm gonna just stand there while I'm sure no one comes in because they don't want to drive either. Sorry to probably not make sense ... but pretty much saying not worth it to me. So I called in to work and told them the truth.... I can't make it out of my driveway- not coming in. Well since I was up extremely early thinking I was going to work I decided to take a nap. Well anyways work called me and wanted me to come in. One of my managers called and said "O it took you this long to shovel the driveway?" No it didn't take me that long... I wasn't coming in because 6 hours of work isn't worth driving 2 hours. Seriously?!? You'd think that they'd understand that theres a winter storm and for someone to drive an hour to work is ridiculous... and that is even if I could get out of the driveway. Knowing other drivers... it probably would have taken me an hour and a half to get there. Anyways so they're pissed at me because I didn't come in. Which they didn't call me back until like 11am to come in... which by then I would be only working 2 hours. DUMB!!! So I'm pissed that they're pissed. Pretty sure I might get fired for this and I know for a fact I will at least get written up for it.
They're soo dumb. They're motto is that everyone is friends at work and that they treat all employees with respect and that type of bullshit. Well since I've worked there it definetly has not been that way. I really like most of my co workers... its just the bosses that are mean, rude, and think they're way higher up than everyone else. I guess they are higher up obviously but you don't need to walk around with your nose in the air and trying to make everyone see your authority.
Anyways that was my rant about stupid ol work. We'll see if I have a job on Sunday. Do not look forward to going in.
Well I hope everyone has a merry Christmas and drives safe on the snowy roads!!
Ugh, that really sucks Lynsie! I know what it's like working at a place like that. I sure wouldn't have risked my life driving that far on those roads to get there. Obviously they don't care about their employees.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you're blogging again, it's been over a month!