I have never in my life: ran out of gas or locked the keys in my car. Those are things that when people do them you think 'how stupid could they be?' Well I almost did both last night.
This story starts yesterday morning as I run out to my car right on time to leave for work. Get in and see the dumb E sign on. I had forgot that I needed to get gas. My gas gauge said 15 miles til empty. Well anyone who knows me knows I like to push it to the last drop basically. So I thought I could make it to work. I did and clocked in on time at 7 am on the dot. Good thing I didn't stop for gas.
After work I see that the gas gauge says I have 4 miles til empty. Perfect I can make it to Somerset exit and fill up for gas and we're good to go. So I head off. I'm at the stop sign taking a left, on the same street as the gas station; I can see it. I look up at my gas gauge: 0 miles to empty. Omfg. Am I gonna make it? It's within my vision, I have to make it.
I made it. Pulled it to the gas pump sorta laughing to myself that O man I have to tell Josh this (I even took a picture on my phone of the gas gauge saying: 0 miles to empty to show him) he'll scold me for being so close. But I'll chuckle cause I know I made it. Sweet. Get out and get gas. When I was done I reach in my pocket to get my keys, no keys. Alright I certainly must have left the doors unlocked then.
Locked out of my car. Damnit. I literally walked around to every door to make sure one wasn't open for some reason. Nope. So I go in the gas station and luckly I had my phone in my pocket so I call my husband, who preceded to tell me how dumb I was. I had my spare key in my purse, which is locked in my vehicle. I have a AAA card, which is in my purse, which is locked in my vehicle. GREAT. So I then called my mom so that she could call AAA for me. So they were expected to be there within the hour. Seriously so so dumb that I have to sit here at the dumb gas station by myself for an hour. I was so mad at myself. Luckily Josh got off from work around the time this happened so he picked up some KFC and around 6:15 we were chowing in his car waiting for them to come. They had taken about exactly an hour since the call was made and it took him less than a minute to open my door. Wow.
So basically I get off work at 5 and normally would be home before 5:30. Well because of my dumbness I didn't get home til close til 7. What a great way to waste a perfectly good two hours, huh?
Oh loin.....
ReplyDeleteIt's okay I hit a deer on friday
ReplyDelete